Not that I’m stressed, exactly. But busy?
Between starting a new job…
(Ray Fires Up…that one’s mine)
…attending a writer’s conference…
(with lovely author Betsy St. Amant! buy her latest here)
…putting my artwork up in a gallery…
…and watching the first season of Downton Abbey…
Busy is close enough to stressed. Kind of like a cousin.
Which means that tonight, I’m sharing this glorious recipe.
Mixed Berry Crumble + Lavender Ice Cream
If you don’t like sinning, look away from this picture. It will tempt you in ways never seen, nor felt, before.
And PS: it tastes just as good as it looks.
Adapted from something I Googled. Lacking on the specifics. Sorry…it’s called work-brain.
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blackberries
- 1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 4 tablespoons raw sugar
- 2 cups whole-wheat (or all-purpose) flour
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups butter (or earth balance, if you’re “healthy” like me)
- optional tasty add-in: chopped walnuts (to taste)
- optional health add-in: up to 1/4 cup of ground flaxseed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a large bowl, gently toss together blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, and raw sugar; set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg (and flax and walnuts, if you’re adding). Cut in butter/earth balance until crumbly. Press half of mixture in the bottom of a 9×13 inch pan. Cover with berries. Sprinkle remaining crumble mixture over the berries.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, or until fruit is bubbly and topping is golden brown.
As for the lavender ice cream?
I bought mine here. Thanks, Henry’s!
It would be good with this too, though. Specifically blueberry vanilla graham. Mmmm.
Bet you $10 your stress will fly out the window if you make/smell/consume this. Or at least I will bet you $10…just as soon as my first paycheck comes in.